Monday, March 24, 2008

Recipe Reviews

I tried the two recipes from my new weight loss surgery cook book.

The first one I tried was the Teriyaki Turkey Burgers. The burgers were tasty, but a bit dry. The sauce that I made along with the burgers probably would have helped with the dryness, but it seemed to be a little greasy, so I skipped it. I poured a bunch on D's burger, and she loved it.

Next time, I will just make regular turkey burgers, and serve them with low fat mayo on an english muffin.

The second recipe I tried was the Beef Stroganoff. The recipe called for tomato sauce and red wine. It probably would have been good if I wasn't expecting stroganoff. It just didn't taste anything like stroganoff. The wine taste was probably less subtle than it was supposed to be.

Next time, I'm just going to modify a more traditional stroganoff recipe on my own to make it low fat, and I will let you know how that is!

I have more recipes to try, but so far, I'm not overly impressed with the first two recipes, but that could be a fluke.

1 comment:

lanie said...

I noticed you make a light white wine sauce...please share!(recipe, of course). Thanks!